Corporate – Investment
Huong has joined EPLegal since 2018 with a role of Paralegal at that time. Huong has supported a variety of large-scale projects related to investment, dispute resolution and energy for domestic and foreign customers under the supervision and guidance of senior associate and partners. Given her strong work ethic, experience and in-depth knowledge, Huong was nominated to be an Associate of EPLegal in 2020.
In the field of dispute resolution, Huong has been an active and conscientious member of the team in dealing with arbitration cases as well as court cases. A number of arbitration cases related to Sale and Purchase contract, EPC contract, etc., were handled at ICC and SIAC, one of which had the value of up to USD 30 mil. She took the roles in draft memoranda, damage assessment, training factual witnesses, draft submissions to the tribunal along with other works in arbitration proceedings. Huong also followed some Court case procedures which made her to be more flexible and master vital skills in advocacy.
In the field of M&A, Huong also participated in M&A team and prepared legal due diligence reports before clients entered into cooperation with project companies and their foreign investors. Huong also handled with security documents for clients to secure their ultimate interests in wind-power projects over the assets, power purchase agreements of the project companies, clients’ shares in the project companies.
In the energy sector, Huong advised businesses on business cooperation contracts, process of conducting wind and solar power projects and other renewable power projects. Huong’s recent experiences include project development and construction agreements (eg EPC construction contracts), oil and gas related agreements (e.g. PSC, JOA, FSO / FPSO, MSPA, GSPA), renewable energy (especially in the field of solar and wind energy).
EDUCATION & ADMISSIONS
- Bachelor of Law, Faculty of Law, Foreign Trade University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Graduation Certificate – Lawyer Training Course of Judicial Academy, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb)
- Advising Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Joint Stock Company on financing plans and guarantee conditions for its manufacturing expansion project;
- Advising Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Joint Stock Company on financial advising service contract for factory upgrading project;
- Advising PPS in revising procurement policy in accordance with the prevailing law on bidding and enterprise;
- Advising PVGas on its LNG project to import LNG to Vietnam;
- Advising Collyers (Claims processing and management agency) on claims for damages of two containers in Vietnam;
- Advising OCBC Bank in the facility of up to USD 10 million to PVTrans to purchase a vessel;
- Advising HydroChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation on due diligence reports to cooperate with Project companies to build 2 wind power plants;
- Advising a State-owned company in a dispute regarding performance of EPC Contract at SIAC.