Corporate – Investment
Hieu has worked for EPLegal as Paralegal in Ho Chi Minh City. Under the guidance of Partners and Associates of EPLegal, Hieu has participated in several high-valued and complex projects related to dispute resolution, corporate, investment, and energy for domestic and foreign clients.
Hieu is fluent in Vietnamese and English.
- Bachelor of Laws, Faculty of Law, University of Economics and Law, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
- Degree of Associate, Faculty of Finance and Banking, College of Finance and Customs, Ho Chi Minh City
- Supporting lawyers in advising and representing an owner of a large Thermal Power Plant project on an around USD 800 million international arbitration case against a member of consortium as contractors of an EPC contract.
- Assisting lawyers in representing a Vietnamese corporation as the Claimant in an international arbitration case regarding international sales of goods contracts at International Court of Arbitration.
- Supporting lawyers in advising Collyers TMA Ltd on cargo claim for loss of property due to a ship sunk in Long Tau river.
- Supporting lawyers in representing Unicorn Metal Corporation (Philippines) on recoginition and enforcement of the ICC Singapore arbitral award in Vietnam.
- Supporting lawyers in advising Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical Joint Stock Company (“BSR”) on financing plans and guarantee conditions for the purpose of upgrading and expansing the Dung Quat Refinery.
- Supporting lawyers in advising BSR on reviewing its internal regulations, procedures.
- Assisting in drafting reports of legal due diligence for HydroChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation to cooperate with Project companies to build 2 wind power plants.
- Supporting lawyers in advising PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited as a contractor of a wind farm power project on deferred payment and security arrangement under an EPC contract.
- Supporting lawyers in advising PVTrans Hanoi on procedure for vessel purchase.