Corporate and Investment
Banking and Finance
Ly has seven (7) years of experience in legal and compliance at foreign bank branches Vietnam relating to banking and finance, corporate and investment.
Ly joined EPLegal since 2020 as an Associate. She has been involved in many projects in investment, finance, energy and construction for domestic and foreign customers. Particularly, she is in charge of many investment and financing projects which shall be helpful for investors who interest in Vietnam market.
In field of corporate and investment, Ly has joined in a number of projects in relation to establishment of foreign entity and capital assignment. She provided legal advice on transaction structures and supported clients to conduct administrative procedure with competent body. Ly also advised clients in reviewing and revising their internal procedures and policies.
In field of banking and finance, Ly have drafted and reviewed lots of facility agreements and other financial documents for disbursement. She also assisted to handle security documents by registering security assets including movable assets and land use rights and other land-attached assets.
In field of energy and construction, Ly advised process to develop wind, solar power projects and other renewable power projects from the beginning and gave valuable comments on EPC contracts for implementing construction work of wind farms and solar farms.
In field of dispute resolution, Ly has participated in assessment of conditions for filing a lawsuit by an contractor to local custom department, drafting advisory letters, arguments as well as other relevant proceeding documents.
EDUCATION & ADMISSIONS
- Bachelor of Law, University of Law Ho Chi Minh City
- Bachelor of International Economics, University of Economics and Law – HCMC National
- Lawyer Training Course, Judicial Academy in Ho Chi Minh City
- Advising OCBC Bank in the facility of up to USD 10 million to PVTrans to purchase a vessel;
- Advising a foreign investor to establish a packing manufacturing company in Vinh Loc industrial park;
- Advising foreign contractors in dispute regarding import tax with local custom authority;
- Advising PPS in revising procurement policy in accordance with the prevailing law on bidding and enterprise;
- Advising POS on terms and conditions of time charter concluded with a Vietnamese owner.