EPLegal conducting a semi-online consultation
From today (29 June) until 2 July 2020, EPLegal is organizing a semi-online consultation program on international arbitration for PetroVietnam (PVN) and its subsidiaries in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. This program is intended for in-house lawyers and non-lawyer professionals who want to gain knowledge of international arbitration from an inhouse counsel perspective. The consultation will provide participants with insights into international arbitration and will help them enhance practical skills and knowledge through a simulated arbitration process and tutorials with numerous case studies.
Panelists of the program include outstanding arbitration practitioners in Vietnam and Asia, namely:
- Mr. Nguyen Trung Nam – Founding Partner of EPLegal
- Ms. Ngo Quynh Anh – Managing Partner of EPLegal
- Mr. Phan Trong Dat – Deputy Secretary General of VIAC
- Mr. Tuong Duy Luong – Former Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme People’s Court, and Arbitrator of VIAC
- Mr. Timothy Cooke – International Arbitration Partner of Stephenson Harwood (Singapore)
- Mr. Steven Lim – Independent Arbitrator and Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers (London, Singapore)
- Mr. Colin Ong – Queen’s Counsel, 36 Stone Chambers (London)
- Ms. Koh Swee Yen – Partner of WongPartnership LLP (Singapore), Vice-Chair of the IBS Arbitration Committee
- Mr. Matthew Finn – Managing Director at Ankura (London, England)
- Mr. Tigran Ter-Martirosyan – Director in the Singapore office of BRG
The event will last 4 days, in which the first two days (29-30/6) shall take place in Hanoi and the remaining two days (1-2/7) shall be organized in Ho Chi Minh City with the same content structure as follows:
Day 1 (29/6 and 1/7) topics will cover (i) General overview of international arbitration, (ii) The special characteristics of Vietnam’s law in relation to international arbitration, and (iii) A simulated arbitration process conducted by EPLegal team.
Day 2 (30/6 and 2/7) will focus on (i) In-depth knowledge of international arbitration proceedings; and (ii) International dispute resolution strategies.
EPLegal is proud to be the sole organizer of this consultation program which is attended by around 150 participants coming from 36 subsidiaries of PVN.